Monday 15 April 2013

If my first step is false.......

My travelling Altar
My preparations continue; I walk in the hills of Derbyshire in ever increasing distances, I make sure my waterproofs are waterproof, I gather together my altar-in-miniature, I reduce down my kit to the very basics. As Rev Mugo remarks in her recent post   my venture has brought me to the stripped-down here and now basics of daily living. I am training in all senses of this word. The long distance path challenges me to stay in the present moment. I could allow myself to wish away the miles. I could, and do, say to myself How much further? When can I stop? Or, if my feet hurt or the terrain is tough, When is it going to get easier? I have asked these questions quite a few times on my walks. But I am very aware that if I indulge in these thoughts when in Wales, with many, many miles still to go, I will suffer! So I am training my mind, enjoying the rhythm that develops, walking onwards and forwards..........


No comments:

Post a Comment