Friday 3 May 2013

This chap caught my eye as I passed through ancient woodland on my way to Dale.

Later, when walking with friends I remarked that I hadn't taken many photos today, that's because you fell in the mud and then you broke a tooth!". Yep, I did both of these things! First of all I miscalculated the tides and had to walk an extra 2.5 miles around the detour. This is when I walked into what I thought was nice, normal, shallow mud. Errr.... it was none of the above. Once I had extracted myself from said mud AND the brambles that wanted to hang on to me arm, I walked on to where I could clean myself up and change footwear. It was when I rewarded myself with a biscuit that I broke my tooth!

Two sleeps later I am in Broad Haven waiting for more friends to join me that I haven't seenin a long time. The tooth? Thankfully causing me no pain and will get dealt with on my return to Nottingham.

My gratitude is to the weather, friends met along the way, to the flowers and the beauty of the landscape that has cheered me on my way.




No comments:

Post a Comment