Saturday 11 May 2013

So..... here I am, at the end. Over the last 17 days or so at the start of each stage, I have had a direction, a path to follow. As each day has ended it was forgotten as I prepared, in minimal fashion, for the next day's walking. And so the process repeated itself, stage by stage, mile by mile, step by step. I have a feeling that it will be this step by step forgetting that will stay with me for the rest of my life.

I brought pictures of both parents with me and they were placed on my altar each evening. In their very different ways they made it possible for me to undertake what I have just achieved. I have a husband who unconditionally helps me to be the best that I can be. I have my buddhist practice, which has made this undertaking so much more than a walk from place to place along a coast. I have a teacher who has been walking along side me, and not least, daughters who love their eccentric mum who wanted to do the rather strange thing of travelling on foot for nearly 200 miles!

To all of the above and all beings who made this possible I say a great big THANK YOU!

6 comments:

  1. Always going on...always being Buddha. Well done Adrienne. As you said weeks ago, 'who knows where this may all lead'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rev Mugo - I did say that, didn't I? I already know that things have changed for me.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! I've been reading bits of your blog - sounds like you had an enjoyable and beneficial time! :-) Katy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katy, it is good to receive feedback like yours. And yes, it was both enjoyable and beneficial. I will be adding reflections and more photos to the blog once my iPad comes back from the menders!

      Delete
  4. Well done - nearly 200 miles!? That's awesome!

    (I did a similar walk along the north devon coast - I say similar, but it was only 40 miles :-) I had that strong sensation that I had a path to follow and that was all I had to do each day, just walk. I loved the straighfowardness of it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much - I just wanted to carry on walking. Will most likely do another long distance path again next year. And those cliffs in N Devon are tough!

      Delete